Public Interest Score
How to calculate the Public Interest Score (PIS) of a company or close corporation
- a number of points equal to the average number of employees of the company during the financial year;
- one point for every R1 million (or portion thereof) in third party liability of the company, at the financial year end;
- one point for every R1 million (or portion thereof) in turnover during the financial year; and
- one point for every individual who, at the end of the financial year, is known by the company-
- in the case of a profit company, to directly or indirectly have a beneficial interest in any of the company's issued securities; or
- in the case of a non-profit company, to be a member of the company, or a member of an association that is a member of the company.