Changes to the Financial Year End
A close corporation may only change its financial year end once during a particular financial year. A close corporation may not choose a financial year end that will result in the total financial year being more than 18 months. A close corporation may choose to shorten its financial year in which instance there is no minimum applicable.
Register as a Customer
To view information on how to register as a customer, click here. If you are already registered as a customer, and know your customer code and password, proceed to step 2.
Deposit R30 into the CIPC bank account. For the bank account details, click here. Use your customer code as reference when depositing funds into the CIPC account.
Apply for Financial Year End Change electronically:
- Click on "On-line Transacting" and then on "Company and Close Corporation Financial Year End Changes";
- Login using your Customer Code and Password and follow the prompts;
- Go to “Co & CC Financial Year End Change”;
- Type in the registration number (year/sequence/type) at the Enterprise Number field and click "Validate". Confirm whether the provided registration number corresponds with the enterprise detail being displayed. If not, reconfirm registration number by typing it in at the Enterprise Number field and click Validate. If correct, click "Continue".
- Confirm that the detail of the correct entity is displaying and click on Continue.
- The current financial year end will be displayed. Propose a new month and year for the financial year end and click on Continue.
- The next screen will confirm that the financial year end change has been lodged.
- You can generate a new disclosure certificate by clicking on “Home” and then on “Disclosures”.