Changes to the Principal Business of Close Corporation
CIPC must be informed if there are any changes in the principal business of the close corporation.
To change the principal business of the close corporation, follow these steps:
Register as a Customer
To view information on how to register as a customer, click here. If you are already registered as a customer, and know your customer code and password, proceed to step 2.
Deposit R30 into the CIPC bank account. For the bank account details, click here. Use your customer code as reference when depositing funds into the CIPC bank account.
Apply for an Amendment to the Founding Statement manually
Print and complete the CK2 form.
The forms must be signed by all members of the close corporation.
Scan and e-mail the completed, signed and certified documents together with supporting information to email@example.com
The following supporting documents must be included in your e-mail:
- Certified identity copy of applicant
- Certified ID copies of all members and resigning members
- A written instrument signed by all members including the new members consenting to the changes - it can be in the form of minutes, agreement, resolution etc, certified as a true copy of the original.
- Certified copies of passports and in the case of refugees or asylum seekers – a certified copy of valid prescribed documentation.
- In the case of a deceased member, an executor’s letter issued by the Master of the High Court, The CK2 document must be signed by the executor. A certified ID copy of the executor of the estate must also be attached.
Where the CC has more than one member all members should provide certified ID copies, including the person who will be lodging on behalf of others.
Service turnaround time: 15 working days from the date of receipt.