Changes to the Founding Statement of the close corporation may include:
- Change in principle business (Form CK2)
- Change in membership detail and change in financial year-end (Form CK2)
The CK2 form is made up of parts A, B and C.
- Part A relates to changes in respect of the name of the CC or the nature of the business.
- Part B relates to changes in respect of membership details.
- Part C relates to a person ceasing to be a member. In case of death, please add executors letter and certified copy of the executors ID and NOT a death certificate, The executor must sign the resigning page.
To apply for changes to the membership details of a close corporation electronically, follow these steps:
Register as a Customer
To view information on how to register as a customer, click here. If you are already registered as a customer, and know your customer code and password, proceed to step 2.
Membership changes are free of charge.
Apply for membership changes to the close corporation electronically.
To do the electronic part of the application, follow these steps:
- Click on "Online transacting" and then on "Member amendments (CK2)".
- Login, using your customer code and password and follow the prompts.
- Click on Amend Close Corporation Members.
- Enter the enterprise number and click on Validate.
- The Enterprise Details and Current Member Details will be displayed.
- Enter the First Listed Member's ID Number, tick the circle to confirm that the details as listed belong to the close corporation that you want to change the members for.
- Indicate if you want to add a new member, or if there are no new members.
- Complete the required fields relating to the new Member, and click on Save.
- If you want to add another member, click on "Add Another New Member". Once all the new members have been added, click on Continue.
- If you want to edit any details relating to the current member, click on Edit. Click on Continue.
- Confirm any changes, and click on Lodge.
- The tracking number of the transaction will be displayed. An email with CK2 documentation, as well as the requirements relating to supporting documents will be sent to the customer and to all members of the close corporation.
- All members of the close corporation, as well as the customer who logged in with his/her customer code must sign the document.
The following supporting documents must be included in your e-mail:
- Certified identity copy of applicant
- Certified ID copies of all members and resigning members
- A written instrument signed by all members including the new members consenting to the changes - it can be in the form of minutes, agreement, resolution etc, certified as a true copy of the original.
Certified copies of passports and in the case of refugees or asylum seekers – a certified copy of valid prescribed documentation.
In the case of a deceased member, an executor’s letter issued by the Master of the High Court, The CK2 document must be signed by the executor. A certified ID copy of the executor of the estate must also be attached.
Where the CC has more than one member, all members should provide certified ID copies, including the person who will be lodging on behalf of others.
E-mail the completed, signed and certified documents together with supporting information to eServicesCK2@cipc.co.za
Appointing a trust as a member of a CC
A trust may be appointed as a member of a CC provided that no juristic person will directly or indirectly be a beneficiary of that trust and that the number of natural persons entitled to receive any benefit from the trust, when added to the number of members of the corporation, may not exceed 10.
A manual CK2 must be lodged whenever a trust is appointed as member of the CC or a change occurs in respect of the particulars of the trustees, the representative of the trustees or the beneficiaries. The following documents will be required to be lodged with the CK2:
- A certified copy of the Letter of Authority issued to the trustee/s of the trust by the Master of the High Court;
- In the case of multiple trustees, an originally signed special power of attorney by each of the trustees appointing one of them as the representative of the trustees for purposes of holding and dealing with the member’s interest in the close corporation concerned;
- A letter by the trustee, or in the case of multiple trustees, the representative trustee referred to in paragraph (2) above, in which he or she furnishes –
- the name, registration number and address of the trust;
- the names of all the trustees of the trust;
- the number of beneficiaries of the trust, current at date of the letter; and
- Particulars of all the beneficiaries named in the trust deed, irrespective whether capital, income or other type of beneficiaries.
- A certified copy of the section/s in the trust deed defining and/or identifying the beneficiaries of the trust, whether capital, income or other type of beneficiaries.
- If the trustee is a juristic person, a letter on the letterhead of the juristic person, nominating a natural person as its representative.
When the trust resigns as a member of the CC, a resolution signed by all the trustees to confirm that the trust is resigning as member of the CC must be submitted. If there is only one trustee, a letter from the beneficiaries will be required.
E-mail the completed, signed and certified documents together with supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
Service turnaround time: 5 working days for hybrid applications from the date of receipt of the documents.