Changes to the Board of Directors
A Co-operative must within 30 days after an Annual General Meeting submit to the CIPC the full names, surnames and addresses of all Directors of the Co-operative, as well as, any Directors that have vacated their positions. This must be done annually, irrespective of changes to the Board or not.
The number of Directors must at all times be within the minimum and maximum number of Directors as specified in the Constitution of the Co-operative.
Should a Director be expelled or a whole board of Directors be replaced with new Directors, this Office will do a verification process which will take a minimum of 14 working days, before the changes will be made on the CIPC database.
Directors are appointed for a term of office in terms of the Constitution of the Co-operative. Should there be changes to the Board of Directors outside the term of office / during a financial year,the CIPC must be informed.
In order to effect changes to the board of directors, please follow these steps:
Register as a Customer
If you are already registered as a customer, and know your customer code and password, proceed to step 2. The customer code must be used as the reference number on the co-operative forms.
The number of Directors must at all times be within the minimum and maximum number of Directors as specified in the Constitution of the Co-operative. If you would want to increase or decrease the number of directors in the constitution, deposit R17,50 into the CIPC bank account. For the bank account details, click here.
Lodge a request to change the number of directors on the board
Print and complete the following forms:
- Form CO-OP 6 if the number of directors on the board must be increased or decreased in the constitution
Scan and e-mail completed and signed CO-OP 2 form, together with supporting documents to
The following supporting documents must be included in your e-mail:
- Resolution or minutes of the meeting in terms of which the change has been mandated
- Certified identity copy of chairperson of the meeting
- Power of attorney (if applicable)
- Certified copy of ID document of each director
- Reasons why the number of members of the Board of Director was increased out of term (if applicable);
- Reasons for any Director’s vacation of Office out of term (if applicable), i.e.:
- A letter of resignation of a Director should be attached. Also indicate whether the Director also resigned as Founder Member, where applicable. OR
- Minutes of a meeting of the Board, if a Director was expelled as Director as he/she has become incompetent to be a Director or was absent from a number of consecutive Board meetings without leave, as specified in the constitution of the Co-operative. The Minutes must be signed by all of the directors and be certified a true copy OR
- Death Certificate
Service turnaround time: 15 working days from the date of receipt of the application.