Changes to the Name of the Co-operative
In order to change an existing registered co-operative name, a name must first be reserved. Once a name reservation has been approved, the co-operative must apply for a change to its Constitution. CIPC must also be informed of the change of name of the Co-operative.
To apply for a name change, follow these steps:
Register as a Customer
To view information on how to register as a customer, click here. If you are already registered as a customer, and know your customer code and password, proceed to step 2.
Deposit R50 for a name reservation and R35 for co-operative name change into the CIPC bank account. For the bank account details, click here.
Reserve a Corporate Name
For more information about name reservation, click here.
To reserve a co-operative name, follow these steps:
- Click on”On-line transacting”/Name Reservation;
- Login using your Customer Code and Password;
- Click on Name Reservation;
- Select and Click on “Proposed Names”;
- Capture four (4) names in order of preference. Please ensure that you capture the names accurately. If you make an error, you will need to apply for a name change at a later stage;
- Click on “Submit”. Please ensure that you only press “Submit” once. If you press the cursor more than once, you will be making multiple submissions and will be charged for them individually;
- Click on ”Continue with the reservation” and “Print”. You will receive an email notifying you if any of the names were successful. This will take the form of a COR9.4 approving the name reservation and indicating the period of validity of the name reservation;
The service delivery standard for a name reservation is 5 working days from the date of submission.
Apply for co-operative name change
Scan and e-mail or post the completed and signed documents together with supporting information to
The following supporting documents must be included:
- Confirmation notice of name reservation - CoR9.4
- The original written resolution or statement of consent to the name change signed by the chairperson of the board
- Certified identity copy of the chairperson of the meeting
- Power of attorney (if applicable)
Service turnaround time: 15 working days from the date of receipt of the application.