Conversions from Company to a Co-operative
A company can be converted to a co-operative.
To convert a company to a co-operative, follow these steps:
Register as a Customer
To view information on how to register as a customer, click here. If you are already registered as a customer, and know your customer code and password, proceed to step 2.
Deposit R125 for co-operative registration into the CIPC bank account. For the bank account details, click here.
Convert a company to a co-operative
A company can be converted to a co-operative. (Section 66 and 64 of the Co-operative Act (Act 14 of 2005).
Print and complete the following forms:
- A constitution must be submitted as part of the application. Select a relevant model constitution from our website. Download the constitution and complete all the blank spaces. The last page of the constitution must be signed by all the founder members of the co-operative. Please note that you need to keep your original constitution.
Scan and e-mail the completed and signed documents together with supporting information to email@example.com
The following supporting documents must be included in your e-mail:
- Confirmation notice of name reservation - CoR9.4 (if applicable)
- Certified identity copy of members
- Power of attorney (if applicable)
- Proof of payment
- A sworn statement by a person who acted as the chairperson of the general meeting:
- that the meeting has passed a resolution authorising the conversion of
- the company into a co-operative of the required kind and form;
- that the meeting was specially convened to consider the resolution; and
- that the chairperson has satisfied himself or herself that proper notice of
- the meeting was given to the members of the company;
- A copy of the resolution and reasons for the conversion
- Proof of the company registration
- Certified copies of the company’s memorandum and articles of association/Memorandum of Incorporation
- One copy of the proposed new co-operative constitution
- Certified copy of the company’s latest audited financial statements
- A schedule containing the full names and addresses of the company, the number and class of shares held by each one of them in the company and the occupations of the members
- A schedule containing the full names and addresses of the directors of the company
- A schedule stating the extent of the company’s interest in other companies.
- Written notice of at least three months of the proposal has been given to each known creditor who has a claim exceeding one thousand rand
Service turnaround time: 21 working days from date of tracking.