Return relating to Directors
Return relating to directors
A co-operative must within 30 days after an Annual General Meeting submit to the CIPC the full names, surnames and addresses of all Directors of the Co-operative, as well as, any Directors that have vacated their positions. This must be done annually, irrespective of changes to the Board or not.
The number of Directors must at all times be within the minimum and maximum number of Directors as specified in the Constitution of the Co-operative. If you would like to change the minimum or maximum number of directors, the constitution must be amended. Follow the steps under Changes to Directors to complete the process.
Should 50% or more of directors be expelled or a whole board of Directors be replaced with new Directors, CIPC will do a verification process which will take a minimum of 14 working days, before the changes will be made on the CIPC database.
Directors are appointed for a term of office in terms of the Constitution of the Co-operative. Should there be changes to the Board of Directors outside the term of office / during a financial year, the CIPC must be informed.
Register as a Customer
To view information on how to register as a customer, click here. If you are already registered as a customer, and know your customer code and password, proceed to step 2.
Lodge a return relating to directors
Print and complete the following forms:
- Form CO-OP2
Scan and e-mail or post the completed and signed documents together with supporting information to
The following supporting documents must be included in your e-mail:
- Certified copy of ID document of old and new directors
- Minutes of the meeting where the decision was taken to remove or add directors. The Minutes must be signed by all members present and be certified a true copy
- Reasons for any Director’s vacation of Office out of term (if applicable), i.e.:
- A signed letter of resignation of a Director should be attached. Also indicate whether the Director also resigned as Founder Member, where applicable.
- Minutes of a meeting of the Board, if a Director was expelled as director as he/she has become incompetent to be a director or was absent from a number of consecutive Board meetings without leave, as specified in the constitution of the Co-operative. The Minutes must be signed by all of the directors and be certified a true copy
- Certificate of Death (if applicable)
Service turnaround time: 10 working days from the date of receipt of the application.