Change to the Registered Address
The registered address or office of a company is very important, as it is the address at which any legal documents will be served on the company. Companies are required by law to ensure that this information is up to date, and maybe liable for a fine or prosecution if it is found that the information is not up to date.
To apply for a change to the registered address, follow these steps:
Register as a Customer
To view information on how to register as a customer, click here. If you are already registered as a customer, and know your customer code and password, proceed to step 2.
Lodge a notice of the registered address
- Click on "On-line Transacting" and then on "Company and Close Corporation Address Changes";
- Login using your Customer Code and Password and follow the prompts;
- Go to “Co & CC Address Change”;
- Type in the registration number (year/sequence/type) at the Enterprise Number field and click "Validate". Confirm whether the provided registration number corresponds with the enterprise detail being displayed. If not, reconfirm registration number by typing it in at the Enterprise Number field and click Validate. If correct, click "Continue".
- Complete the indicated mandatory fields, Effective Date, E-mail Address, Postal and Physical Addresses and click on "Lodge". Please note that the effective date for companies may only be 5 working days from the date of lodging the change.
- The next screen will indicate that the address change has been lodged, and provide you with a tracking number.