Appointment, Resignation and Removal of Auditors or Company Secretary
E-Services: Electronic Application for Appointment and Resignation of Auditors
The office of an auditor may not remain vacant for more than 40 business days. An auditor may serve a maximum of five consecutive financial years.
Steps to effect changes to auditors:
Apply for auditor appointments or resignations
Follow the following steps to appoint or resign an auditor and/or designated auditor
- Click on “On-line Transacting” and then on E-Services;
- Login using your Customer Code and Password;
- Click on “Auditors, Secretaries and Accounting Officers”;
- Click on Auditor Amendments;
- Enter the “Enterprise Number” and click on “Validate”;
- The Enterprise Details will be displayed. If no auditor has been appointed a message will display, indicating that the company does not have an active auditor. Click on “Appoint Auditor”.
- Enter the “Profession Number” of the Auditor, and click on Continue.
- The name of the auditor will be displayed, then indicate the appointment date and click on lodge. If the Auditor is a “Firm”, then you’ll need to enter the “Designated Auditors” Profession Number as well, indicate the appointment date and click on lodge.
- To resign an existing Auditor click on “Resign Auditor”.
- Select the “Resignation Date” and click on “Lodge”.
- A confirmation certificate will be sent to the email address of the owner of the customer code.
No supporting documents are required.
Manual Application: Appointment, Resignation and Removal of Auditors or Company Secretary
The position of an auditor or an audit committee member may not remain vacant for more than 40 business days, while a company secretarial vacancy must be filled within 60 business days. -. An auditor may serve a maximum of five consecutive financial years.
Steps to effect changes to auditors, audit committee members or company secretaries:
Apply for auditor or company secretary appointments or resignations
The following supporting documents must be included in your e-mail:
- Certified identity copy of applicant / person who signed the Co44 form
- Certified identity copies of all audit committee members only with appointment.
- Proof of address by way of an Annexure or letterhead of firm
Service turnaround time: 15 working days from date ofreceipt in the CoR44 Office.