Conversion from one type of company to another
The conversion from one type of company to another constitutes an amendment of the companies Memorandum of Incorporation (MOI). The MOI of the converted company must comply with the requirements of the Companies Act, 2008 for that A company can convert to any other type of profit company (private, public, state-owned or personal liability). A non-profit company cannot convert to a profit company. If a personal liability company wants to convert to any type of profit company, it must provide notice to its professional body or regulator 10 business days before applying to amend the MOI.
After conversion, the company must amend its suffix for the specific type of company.
To convert to a private or personal liability company, follow these steps:
Register as a Customer
To view information on how to register as a customer, click here. If you are already registered as a customer, and know your customer code and password, proceed to step 2.
Amend the Memorandum of Incorporation (MoI)
Print and complete form CoR15.2.
Scan and e-mail the completed and signed documents together with supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The following supporting documents must be included in your e-mail:
- Certified copy of the written resolution or minutes of the meeting at which the decision to amend was taken
- Certified copy of ID of signatory (active director/company secretary or representative)
- Power of attorney – if representative
- Certified copy of ID of applicant
Service turnaround time: 25 working days from date of tracking.