Domesticate a foreign company
The domestication of a foreign company may only be done manually. For information on external companies, click here.
To complete the transation, follow these steps:
Register as a Customer
To view information on how to register as a customer, click here. If you are already registered as a customer, and know your customer code and password, proceed to step 2.
- Deposit R100 into the CIPC bank account. For the bank account details, click here. Use your customer code as reference when depositing money into the CIPC bank account.
Domesticate the foreign company
Print and complete a form Cor 17.1
- Attach the following :
- A letter of law of the jurisdiction in which the company is registered to permit such transfer
- A copy of the MOI to be registered in South Africa (CoR14.1, CoR14.1 AnnexureA, either standard CoR15.1A or own MOI)
- A certified copy of the its current registration issued by the jurisdition in which it is registered at the time of application
- A copy of its most recent Annual Financial Statements
- A copy of the shareholder's resolution approving the transfer of the company's registration to South Africa
These supporting documents must be translated if the original is not in an official South African language. Click here to upload and submit the signed forms and supporting documents to CIPC OR Scan and e-mail the completed and signed documents together with supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org;
The following supporting documents must be included in your e-mail:
- Certified identity copy of applicant
- Certified identity copy or passport of all incorporators, directors and representative
- Power of attorney (if applicable)
- An affidavit reflecting the following:
- That the majority of its shareholders are resident in the Republic of South Africa
- The whole or greater part of its assets and undertaking are within the Republic of South Africa, other than the assets and undertaking of any subsidary that is incorporated outside the Republic of South Africa
- Immediately following the transfer of registration the company:
- Will satisfy the solvency and liquidity test and
- Will no longer be registered in another jurisdiction
Service turnaround time: 25 working days from date of tracking.