Register an External (Foreign) Company
The registration of a foreign company may only be done manually. For more information on external companies, click here.
To register an external company, follow these steps:
Register as a Customer
To view information on how to register as a customer, click here. If you are already registered as a customer, and know your customer code and password, proceed to step 2.
Deposit R400 into the CIPC bank account. For the bank account details, click here. Use your customer code as reference when depositing money into the CIPC bank account.
Register your company manually
Print and complete the following forms relating to incorporation:
- CoR 20.1
- Attach a certified copy of the company's founding documents and a certificate of incorporation or comparable document.
- These supporting documents must be translated if the original is not in an official South African language.
Scan and e-mail the completed and signed documents together with supporting information to email@example.com;
The following supporting documents must be included in your e-mail:
- Certified identity copy of applicant
- Certified identity copy or passport of all incorporators, directors and representative
- Power of attorney (if applicable)
Service turnaround time: 25 working days from date of tracking.