Non-Profit Company with Members
A non-profit company with members, long form can only be registered manually. To view more information on non-profit companies, click here.
To register a non-profit company with members, long form manually, follow these steps:
Register as a Customer
To view information on how to register as a customer, click here. If you are already registered as a customer, and know your customer code and password, proceed to step 2.
Deposit R425 for company registration without a name reservation or R475 for a company registration with a name reservation into the CIPC bank account. For the bank account details, click here. Use your customer code as reference when depositing money into the CIPC bank account.
Reserve a Corporate Name
For more information about name reservation, click here. Any company may be registered with or without a company name. If a reserved name is not included in the initial application, the company will be registered with its enterprise number. A name may be added at a later stage through a name amendment. A name amendment requires an approved name reservation and a special resolution to effect a change to the Memorandum of Incorporation (MOI).
To reserve a company name, follow these steps:
- Click on”On-line transacting”/Name Reservation;
- Login using your Customer Code and Password;
- Click on Name Reservations/Proposed Name;
- Click on “Proposed Names”;
- Capture one to four names in order of preference. Please ensure that you capture the names accurately. If you make an error, you will need to apply for a name change at a later stage;
- Click on “Submit Proposed Name”.
- A screen will display, indicating if the exact name test was successful or not. If the test for one of the proposed names was not successful, it will be indicated with a cross. Click on Back and propose another name if you want to add another name. Click on Lodge Name Reservation.
- The next screen will indicate that the proposed name(s) has been reserved, and provide you with a reservation number. Click on either Back to Name Reservations or on Home.
- You will receive an SMS and email confirmation of the name reservation with the reference number of the reservation.
The service delivery standard for a name reservation is 5 working days from the date of submission.
Register your company manually
Print and complete the following forms relating to incorporation:
- Decide whether you wish to use a standard long form MOI (which gives you a series of choices) or whether you wish to draft your own MOI (It is advisable to retain the services of a legal professional for this purpose.) If you choose to use the standard long form MOI, please download and complete form CoR15.1E.
- You may impose restrictions on the management and ownership of the company in respect of any of the alterable provisions of the MOI. This is called ring-fencing of provisions. For example if you wish to limit the business activities of the company can undertake, you will need to ring-fence certain provisions of the MOI. In order to ring-fence provisions, you need to submit CoR14.1C.
- If you wish to appoint an auditor, audit committee members and/or company secretary, download and complete CoR14.1 Annexure D. It is not mandatory to appoint any of these for a non-profit company, unless the company is directly or indirectly incorporated by the state, and organ of state, a state owned company, and international entity, a foreign state entity or a foreign company or if it performs a statutory, regulatory or public function.
Scan and e-mail the completed and signed documents together with supporting information to email@example.com;
The following supporting documents must be included in your e-mail:
- Confirmation notice of name reservation - CoR9.4 (if applicable)
- Certified identity copy of applicant
- Certified identity copy of all incorporators and directors
- Power of attorney (if applicable)
Service turnaround time: 25 working days from date of tracking.