For you to transact at the self service terminal you need the following:
- All directors to be present
- Valid SA ID Number
- Valid Cellular Telephone Number
- E-mail Address
At the self help terminal you can transact as follows:
- Register as a CIPC Customer with a customer code;
- Reset your password if you already have a customer code but have forgotten your password;
- Register a private company with or without a name reservation with a maximum of three South African director;
- File your annual return or calculate what annual return fees are outstanding; or
- Generate a certificate of your company, indicating its status, the directors and other relevant details.
Before you can begin to use the self-service terminal, we need to verify your identity with the Department of Home Affairs.
- Click on the DHA (South African flag icon) icon.
- Type in your identity number and click on the thumb of one of the hands depicted on the screen and press the relevant thumb down on the finger print scanner, which you will see next to the touch screen and repeat with your other thumb.
- Once both your finger prints have been scanned, they are automatically verified by the Department of Home Affairs. A green result indicates that your identity was verified, a red result indicates a problem.
- Should you encounter any problems with this process, please try again. If you have not succeeded in three different attempts, visit home affairs to correct the records or transact through our website.
- Once your identity has been verified, please close the application by clicking on the cross in the top right hand corner of the screen and return to the main screen.
Register as a Customer
- Click on the CIPC icon.
- Click on “Customer Registration” on the left hand menu and complete the required fields. This information, especially your cell phone number and email address, is critical for the CIPC to have, as we will communicate with you, through these mediums.
- Your username and password will be emailed and sms’d to you which must be used for further transactions.
- If you already have a customer code, please proceed to Customer Login. The screen will require you to type in your customer code, your password and to agree to the Terms and Conditions by clicking on the round icon.
Register a Company, Lodge Annual Return or Request a Company Information Certificate
Once you have logged in as a Customer, you can proceed to the Self-Help Homepage. There you can select one of three transactions, namely:
- Company Registration,
- Annual Returns or
Select one of these transactions by clicking on the icon.
- If you wish to register a company, you have two options:
- Register a private company with a standard Memorandum of Incorporation with a name at a fee of R175.
- Register a private company without a name at a fee of R125.
- If you have applied for a company with a name, make sure that you pay R175 into the CIPC bank account within 14 days of application for your registration to be concluded.
- If you have applied for a company without a name, make sure that you pay R125 into the CIPC bank account within 14 days of application for your registration to be concluded.
- If payment was not made before 14 days, the transaction will be cancelled and you would need to start the transaction again.
- NB: Use your customer code as reference.
- Keep your password confidential.
- Keep your customer code received via SMS as it will be required for payment at the bank.
- Submit annual returns annually to avoid penalties and deregistration on the CIPC website at www.cipc.co.za
- Notify CIPC of any changes to the directors of the company, address and especially contact details.