The Patent Journal
This is a journal published by CIPC on a monthly basis, and it contains information on patents, trade marks, designs and copyright in cinematographic films that exist in South Africa. This Patent Journal is accessible upon registration through a link on the home page of the CIPC website or directly at www.zaip.org/e-journal
The Patents Office migrated from a paper publication of the Patent Journal produced by the Government Printing Works (GPW) to an electronically generated Patent Journal.
Subscription for Electronic Patent Journal
CIPC customers are invited to subscribe free of charge for the Electronic Patent Journal generated by CIPC by sending an email with contact details to Patentjournalqueries@cipc.co.za.The subscribers will be provided with a website link where they will be able to access the Electronic Patent Journal once it is published by CIPC.
Withdrawal of Notices for Advertisements
- Submissions of withdrawals for advertisements in the Patent Journal must be emailed to Patentjournalwithdrawals@cipc.co.za.
- Submissions for queries relating to advertisements in the Electronic Patent Journal must be emailed to Patentjournalqueries@cipro.gov.za
The publication date of the Patent Journal is the last Wednesday of every month. All notices of acceptance and other documents for advertisement in the Patent Journal must be submitted to CIPC, and not to the Government Printing Works (GPW) any more.
Cut-off date for submission of notices of acceptance
Please note that the cut-off date for submission of notices of acceptance will be the last Wednesday of the month prior to the month in which the advertisement will be published.
For example, the notices of acceptance for advertisement in the June 2011 Patent Journal must be submitted to CIPC from 30 April 2011 to 27 May 2011, both dates inclusive.
The notices of acceptance for advertisement in the Patent Journal must be submitted to CIPC in one of the following manners:
- XML Schema uploaded to FTP site – this format is suitable for large companies which make use of an Intellectual Property Management System; for details please contact: MrJaysenNaidoo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Electronic Format document on CD ROM/DVD (text in MS Word Format and not pdf): submit at the Lodgment Counter at the CIPC Office. Specify clearly that the documents are submitted for publications in the E-Patent Journal.
- Email to email@example.com (Note that the text part of the attachment should be in MS Word Format and not pdf).
- Fax to: 086 750 3295.
- Only in exceptional cases, where customers do not have access to electronic facilities, documents may be submitted in paper form at the Lodgment Counter at the CIPC Office.
All enquiries should be directed to: Mr Bernard Ngoepe at Tel: (012) 394 5066 or Ms Bontle Phoko at Tel: (012) 394 5053 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.