Functions of the Commission
- The CIPC does registration of companies, co-operatives and intellectual property rights (trade marks, patents, designs and copyright) and maintenance thereof.
- Disclosure of Information on its business registers.
- Promotion of education and awareness of Company and Intellectual Property Law.
- Promotion of compliance with relevant legislation.
- Efficient and effective enforcement of relevant legislation.
- Monitoring compliance with and contraventions of financial reporting standards, and making recommendations thereto to Financial Reporting Standards Council (FRSC).
- Licensing of Business rescue practitioners.
- Report, research and advise Minister on matters of national policy relating to company and intellectual property law.